Tuesday 8 March 2016

Best Stainless Steel Products for Kitchens

.

Stainless steel has become the norm in today’s home kitchens – from the sink, to the cookware, to the appliances. Some really snazzy kitchens are made entirely of stainless steel! That’s way too much steel for my taste, but I do love my trusty stainless steel sink .

And although I scrub it down with a soapy sponge once a day, over time it accumulates a light film. A slight discoloration from days and weeks of all the liquids, food scraps, and dirty dishes that have graced its surface. It’s such a gradual process, but one day you look down and there it is…the dreadful brownish tinge staring back at you reminding you of your lack of diligence in cleaning.

how to clean a stainless steel sink

And that’s when I bust out 2 of my favorite little kitchen helpers: baking soda and salt. If you remember, I used these guys to help me “scrub” my grapes clean a few weeks back – and they worked wonders! So this time, I decided to test them on my sink in this natural stainless steel sink cleaner.



how to clean a stainless steel sink

Natural Stainless Steel Sink Cleaner

And guess what? Again, they worked wonders! After finishing a load of dishes, with the entire sink nice and wet, I scrubbed it with a soapy sponge (I keep a separate sponge near the sink just for cleaning – not the same one I use to wash the dishes), then sprinkled some baking soda and some salt all over the base of the sink.

Then, I went to town scrubbing away at every little crevice that my hands could fit into – all around the base, in the corners, up the sides, all up in the nooks and crannies of the drain, everything. It took all but a few minutes before I was satisfied that I’d covered every spot. To finish off, I just rinsed the whole sink clean with warm water.



how to clean a stainless steel sink

I’ve tried to clean my sink just baking soda before, but a) it never really Stainless Steel scrubbed as well as I’d like, and b) the grittiness of the baking soda always left a white film on the sink, unless I scrubbed it down again while rinsing – double scrubbing? Not for me, sorry.

So the salt served two purposes here: it gave some extra scrubbing power and it also helped to minimize the left over grittiness from the baking soda – Score!

how to clean a stainless steel sink

Baking soda and salt are cheap, non-toxic, and readily available in my pantry, so this is just a no-brainer :)




courtesy by http://naturesnurtureblog.com/

If you want to modified your kitchen you can buy:
stainless steel products for kitchens , 
stainless steel kitchen sink india
kitchen accessories
kitchen hobs
kitchen organiser
chimney for kitchen

No comments:

Post a Comment